Thursday, December 15, 2011

10 Drummers, 10 Cookies, 10 Pounds... Whatever.

I may or may not have a sweet tooth. Let's just say my buddy Sugar and I are pretty good friends. In fact, let's include chocolate, sweets, cupcakes, cookies, fudge....let's be honest, I've got it bad. (So bad I'm using an adjective instead of an adverb.) And these cookies? They're my very favorite.

If Heaven consisted of eating these every day, all day for eternity and nothing else...I would be content.

The recipe comes from this excellent cookbook:

 
Funny story: I LOVE this cookbook. It got me through high school. (I bake when I’m stressed, don’t judge.) And I really, really wanted it here at school with me, seeing as I am the only one in the family that ever used it – but I could. Not. Find. It. I looked everywhere, but it was Gone with a capital G. My mother, however, had a horrible hunch as to what had happened to it: after moving out of our house at the end of the summer, my mother had taken a huge box of old books to a use bookstore…and she just knew that this guy had gone with. As soon as she realized this, she returned to the bookstore to try to find it…and if not it, then hopefully the same one. But lo and behold, it was like God Himself had hidden it there, and no one had bought it!

Thank you, God. And St. Anthony (you’re the bomb).

So now that I have my precious cookbook back, I’m going to share the best cookie recipe ever with you. Here’s what the page looks like in the book (my family has always written in our cookbooks about what was good or not, when we cooked/baked it, etc.):



As you can see, it’s well-loved. But here’s an easier-to-read version (with tips!) with my personal touches on it:




So bake them. Eat them. Love them. Die happy.

P.S. You and your friends/family/roomies may or may not eat the entire batch before the cookies have time to cool down. Not like I’m speaking from experience or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment